EspaƱol

Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday, December 20, 2013

Today was the last day before our Winter break. (I will still get plenty of Atelierista practice at home with my daughters, though!)

116- I brought a group in, planning on finishing the foyer mobile triangles, but they asked if they could draw Santa Claus instead.  I put an image on the iPad and they practiced their drawing skills by drawing it. This was really exciting and important to them and they couldn't wait to take it home to their families.


118 had a visit from The Theater of Youth during their time with me, so I was able to watch the second graders watch a live performance in their classroom.  It was nice.  The students ask the best questions now. They are so inquisitive in that group.

108- I pushed in and helped them make their holiday craft- snow globes with their names on beads inside.



112- I pushed in and took dialogue as they had their recess, as there were only two students today.  We had an interesting discussion about cars, speed, ramps, gravity and explosions.

101- The students came in and saw my drawing of Santa Claus and asked if we could draw Santa instead.  I drew a simple Santa, using shapes they know and we practiced writing, "Santa."  These preschool drawings were awesome.





104 was having their Holiday Party so I pushed in.  One student came in to say "good-bye" to me on his way to the bus.  I told him I hoped he gets lots of presents.  "I have a present for you," he said, and gave me a huge hug. "This is your present."  And that was such a sweet, unexpected act that I felt compelled to record it here.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday break. I can't wait to see what the new year brings us. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment