Español

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thursday, December 12, 2013

116- I let the students choose again- they could continue their mural drawings, paint more mobile pieces or create mobiles.  Some chose to make mobiles, but the majority decided to paint.  They were really into painting and applying glitter.  This group is usually the one group I try to challenge more, as there are a lot of strong artists in this group, but they appreciated the simplicity of the mobile pieces, so I'm glad I gave them a choice.

118- I had two small groups working on the playground and church sculptures and I had the Peace Project kids again.  These Peace Project pieces are really coming out nicely.  I love that they are able to come down every day for 40 minutes to really put some time and effort into their artwork.  It's teaching them perseverance.  The church and playground are starting to really come to life.  I can't wait to see the church after it's been fired.



108- I brought a small group in to do masks.  It's true what they say about giving kids time and you'll get better results.  At first, they only wanted to use paper and markers. I finally talked one kid into hitting up the fun supplies and he added a button nose.  His friend just copied whatever he did.  Finally, at the end, the friend went back and added feathers, making his mask his own creation. :)


112- This class came in and we made mobiles again.

101 and 104- The pre-K and K students made their 3D ornaments.  We talked about the difference between 2D and 3D (a math standard) and they saw for themselves how to alter paper so that it becomes three dimensional.  The circle ornaments are folded in half and glued back to back on one side.  "They look like tacos!" they exclaimed.

No comments:

Post a Comment