EspaƱol

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

120- I brought another small group to the studio to work on their masks.

118- I brought my peace project students in to continue their projects and I brought four students in to paint the freshly fired playground and church.  Within a minute, the church facade was cracked in half! I warned them that it was delicate, but the temptation to test it was too much for some. It turned into a learning experience, like most things with this group. The other students weren't nasty or mean about it- just sad. The student responsible felt terrible and actually began to cry.  The other kids told him it wasn't a big deal.  We agreed that instead of our plan of using tempera paint, we'd use glaze and hopefully the glaze will seal the pieces today.  I've had that happen before. It won't be as strong as it was before the break, but it might hold up enough to display it.

108- There was a situation that required clean-up in room 108 just before their period with me started, so the entire group came to the studio.  We discussed the concept of peace again and I gave them pointers to help when creating posters.  Tips like, "Use big lettering, spell things correctly and focus on your message, not your name." (Some students write their name bigger than the words or drawing!) They created posters for peace that they will use in the Holiday Show.





116- I took group three to the studio and gave them the option of building mobiles or painting more pieces for the mobiles.  They all chose to paint.

103- The students painted more pieces for the mobiles.

102- I brought the other half of the class down to brainstorm adjectives for their portraits.  They did that very quickly, so we were able to make the ornaments for the hallway holiday tree project, too!  They were very productive today!







No comments:

Post a Comment