Español

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thursday, December 5, 2013

120- We've made more progress on our masks.  Mrs. Wagner picked a story that is perfect to act out with the masks, which will tie in the ELA component and be perfect for the Holiday Production.
A scary witch mask

116- I brought a small group to the studio to work on the mobiles, but instead of just showing them what the other kids did, I put wire on the table and showed them images of Alexander Calder's mobiles.  Then I let them do whatever they wanted with the mobiles. Some of them are Calder-inspired, while other students chose to follow the style of the previous students.  (I know the pictures are crooked... I still haven't figured out how to rotate the photos in less time-consuming way.)


108- I had a small group paint more of the triangles, as we were running low on some colors.

118- Half of the class came in and created the Calder-inspired mobiles.  One student made his like the original mobiles, but on wire instead of fishing line.






102- I had a small group work on painting more triangles for us.

101- I went over patterns with the class and they created the simple style mobile with AB patterns.


More Calder-style mobiles:




No comments:

Post a Comment