EspaƱol

Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday, December 9, 2013

I wasn't here on Friday (as my daughter was being honored for her artwork at a press conference) but I left sub plans for the students to submit an artwork to be considered for the Peace Project.  Two lucky students will work in the studio to turn their draft into show-worthy pieces and they will be entered in the Peace Project Show at Impact Artists Gallery in January!

Here are some Peace Project designs:





120- I took a group to paint their papier mache masks.  I think these are turning out so well!  I love how everyone did something drastically different from each other.





116- I took a group to draw entries for the Peace Project.  I am going to hang all of the rough drafts in the hall, as they are all interesting and the message is such a good one.

108- I am going to take small groups all week to make masks out of paper and the beautiful stuff in the studio.  They will be performing with 120, but we do not have time for the papier mache process, so we're going to make these a little bit differently.  The kids took some time to warm up- I don't think they quite understood when I said, "ANYTHING FROM THE CUBBIES IS FAIR GAME!" like it was too good to be true. :)



112- I had the students make Calder-style mobiles to go with our foyer mobile project.

103 & 104- The students in the Pre-K and K classes will be making ornaments this week for a holiday tree decoration. Each student will get to choose the material they like best to create their ornament.


No comments:

Post a Comment