EspaƱol

Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday, September 5, 2014

This was the first "real" day of teaching, since yesterday was more about getting the students acclimated to their classrooms and the school environment.  My students from the previous year came into the studio and hit the ground running. 

Our first provocation of the year is "Why do we make portraits?"

We compared and contrasted two portraits by famous painters.


The students then worked on drawing self-portraits. 


I was really pleased with the results of their first turn in the studio. 





I repeated this lesson with my second graders.  I want to use these portraits as a baseline so the students and I can see how much progress they make this year.  In June, we'll repeat the provocation and see if their answers change and see how their skills progress. 

I also had the new pre-k students come in and work on portraits, which gave me an idea of where their abilities are as we start out on this journey together. 





No comments:

Post a Comment