EspaƱol

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Friday, September 19, 2014

Kindergarten- I tried to revisit the blood, bones, eyes conversation from the last class, but they weren't interested. Instead, they wanted to talk about mustaches and beards. I tested out an app called, "Audionote" and recorded a conversation about who has beards and who doesn't. I like the app because we can hear the conversation in their voices, but transcription takes longer than when I just type the conversation. Plus, one of the students noticed the blinking recording button on the iPad and started making ghost noises into the speaker.

A- I have a beard.
Teacher- I don't think any of us have beards.
B- Grown-ups have beards.
Y- Excuse me. My dad has a beard. My dad has a long beard like this.
B- My dad has a beard.
A- My dad has a mustache.
Y- My mustache is this little.
Teacher- You do not have a mustache.
A- That's not my mustache. That's my chin.
Teacher- Is your chin a different color than your face?
A looks at his work.
A- I don't think so.
T- If he's a baker, he has a mustache.
Teacher- A baker?
Y- Yes. Bakers have mustaches.
Teacher- Why do you think men have mustaches or beards?
B- My brother didn't have one and then he got to high school and now he has one.  Grown ups have mustaches.
Y- But only men have mustaches.
Teacher- Not women?
B- No! That would be weird. Moms can't get a mustache or a beard.
X- OOOOOooooooooooo.  Woooooooooooooo. <ghost noises>
Y, looking in the mirror- None of us have a beard or a mustache. Oh!  I drawed my hair wrong!  My hair isn't like this.  It's like... I don't know.

Teachers' note: I am not sure if he said, "Banker" or "Baker" for the people who "always have mustaches." I couldn't understand, even after asking questions for clarification. I think I might need him to draw or identify pictures to find out more about this concept.






No comments:

Post a Comment