EspaƱol

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"It smells like art in here." - Heaven, upon entering the atelier (studio) this morning.

116- We have started our book on animals in the community!  I'm so excited by the results.  The students are doing multiple drafts of observational drawing, then adding facts they learned from the Riverkeepers' visit or information they've researched on the computer or iPad. I didn't specify the number of facts, but so far the students seem to be writing three each.  I find it interesting that the first student used that number and the other kids determined this was protocol. The bilingual students are writing the facts in both languages.








108- I pulled a small group to continue the animal sculptures.  We had to break into our new supply of clay, which was so moist and fresh I had to fight the urge to dive in and create with it myself!

112- I continued the observational drawings for the Second Grade Animals in the Community Book.

103- We are revisiting self-portraits to compare them with the ones from the beginning of the year to measure their growth this year.

104- We are beginning wire sculptures of leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment