EspaƱol

Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday, May 12, 2014

120- I was able to bring another group of students into the studio to glaze their animals. I can't wait to see the students' reactions when they see their glazed finished pieces post-firing.

116- I brought Group One down to the studio to continue our illustrations for the book on the Riverkeepers visit. The power of multiple drafts is revealing itself to them and their drawing abilities have grown so much!




108- I brought a group down to start the project that 120 is finishing. We used the same process, except now I have examples of student work from 120 that the students can refer to.

This image shows our new kangaroo and shark from 108
hanging out with the glazed pieces from 120. 
118- We introduced the Fairy House Festival Project.  The Fairy House Festival is a wonderful outdoor festival at Artpark in Lewiston.  I went last year with my daughters and when I saw the fairy houses, I was struck by how "Reggio" they were.  I knew they would be fun and inspiring to the students and cover a lot of standards, so we are going to incorporate them into the learning for the next few weeks, in all of the pre-k through second grade classes.

Click here for more information on this festival!
My daughters inspecting some of the fairy houses- School #33
students will have the chance to make their own fairy houses this year! 
After our introduction to fairy houses, we had a compare and contrast discussion about the Burchfield-Penney and the Albright-Knox. 

102- We had our first introduction to working with wire.  It was difficult to get the students to participate and explore.  The provocation was, "Can you make a leaf?" and they drew the leaves, no problem, but then looked at me like I was crazy when I said, "Now try with this!" and handed them wire.  I think this group needs a second session to get more comfortable with it.  I'll try again the next time I see them. Practice and multiple drafts are never a waste of time! 

101- I let 101 play with the painted pine cones that the other pre-k class created.  There were a few students who immediately got into creating designs with them and others who were more concerned with just the sensory experience of playing with the pine cones. 

Some flowers were formed.

"I made a spider!" 





No comments:

Post a Comment