EspaƱol

Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

120- I pushed in to continue working with groups on creating designs with geometric shapes. Our ceramic animals should be fired soon and we'll begin the process of glazing them.  The boys I worked with today created robots. I asked them to try to use their written language to describe their robots.

Nelson's robot is sad because his parents left him. He likes to play and jump.
He is mad because another robot hit him. He likes to run and work.

Aniel's robot loves to play games. 

Jean Luis ran out of time to write about his robot because
he was adding lots of details to his drawing.


108- I pushed in and worked with the students on their habitat. One student was starting a gorilla habitat, so I helped him begin.  We watched a video on gorillas in Africa. Then we collected some green weeds from the courtyard. I could tell from observation that he was making conscious aesthetic choices about the placement of his materials. It was really fascinating to watch him, because he put so much thought into the placement of each item.


112- I had the students continue their reflections on the visit from the Riverkeepers. They transferred their drawings to watercolor paper and will paint them with watercolors.
The beginning stages of a watercolor catfish.

103- 

104-




No comments:

Post a Comment