Español

Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday, September 6th: 
112- Second grade students learned about self-portraits.
108- The students created posters showing us what they enjoy, what they bring to the table, who they love, etc. This is a conversation Mrs. Rose participated in while they drew. Students are numbered.
Rose: What are you drawing?
S1- Me and my friends playing outside.
S2- I’m wishing in a wishing well for blocks to play with, with  my mom and dad.
S3- This is me in my garden.
T- What did you plant in your garden?
S3- Sunflowers. They are my favorite flower.
T- Did you help plant them?
S3- Yes. I plant my flowers.
T- Tell us about how you planted them.
S4- By seeds.
S3- I put seeds in the ground and watered them and then my flowers grew.
T- How do you think it works?’
S3- Water and sun make them grow.  They die like this <puts head on table> in the winter, though.
S4- No- they don’t die. They get covered with snow- it’s like a little blanket for the flowers and the flowers go back underground and they pop back up when it’s Spring.
T, to S4- Did you ever plant anything?
S4- I planted tomatoes. First, they were seeds. Then they grew into tomatoes. We watered them and the roots came out and the green part grew and then a green tomato grew and then it turned red and we ate it.
S3- Why did you eat it?
S4- Because it was a tomato and that’s food to eat! 


We had a lot of fun in the kindergarten classes today.  We applied what we learned about lines yesterday and saw how all of the letters in the alphabet make up lines.  Students traced letters, then filled in the lines that make up the letters, finishing by adding decorative lines in the background. Stay tuned for more of this exploration of letters and lines!



No comments:

Post a Comment