EspaƱol

Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday, February 24, 2014

120- We brought students in to work on building bridges. Esmeralda and N made a really interesting model for a covered bridge.



118- I brought students to the studio to create their rolled paper sculptures.  The students and I had a conversation on working collaboratively.  I wanted to know if they noticed the difference that I've seen in this building- that students are seeing each other as assets and useful collaborators. They feel that school is better this year because there are so many projects that allow for group work.  

Gabriella- We feel happy and proud of ourselves that we can work together. 
Patty Ann- There are a lot of nice things you can do when you work together. We can listen to each other and it feels good to be nice to each other. 
Gabriella- I like our school because we can have fun while playing in our groups, but we can also learn in them. There's learning things in our groups- we learn lots of stuff, like science and social studies.

I think I'm going to ask some other classes how they feel.  It was nice to get feedback and I think it's good for the students to reflect on the fact that they enjoy being a part of our school. 

101- The students finished using the sorted beautiful materials to write their names.

103- The students worked on their houses again. 





No comments:

Post a Comment