Español

Monday, February 10, 2014

Friday, February 7, 2014

I wasn't here on Friday, but my student teacher was.  He took documentation and photographs so I wouldn't miss anything!

The students had a presentation from a wildlife rehabilitation center.




108 continued their observational drawings.  This student was struggling to see the lines and shapes he drew as the real scene, so my student teacher used the child's drawing to make a map to help him understand the lines.


Dialogue from my student teacher:

J- Sir, Mr. These clouds don't look right. I need help.
Teacher- Well, look at them closely. Do they go this way? [vertically]
J- No, they go this way. [indicates horizontally]
Teacher- Good. So you really have to look at the picture to see what they really look like.
J- Well, they're not exactly white.
Teacher- No, they're not. What are they?
J- I need blues and also this gray.
Teacher- Exactly. See, I told you when you look you find more.  You have to layer.


112 continued to build bridges.

David- I want to build a bridge. It has to go over water so I don't fall in.








103 critiqued the Spring Mural. Here is a funny clip of dialogue demonstrating that the lesson taught the order of the color wheel and rainbows through the little chant we did.  Brookelynn, one of the pre-k students, unprompted, led the chant in my absence- how amazing is that?!?

Brookelynn- Red, orange, yellow!
Students- Red, orange, yellow!
Brookelynn- Green, blue... PURPLE!
Students- Green, blue... PURPLE!
Brookelynn- That's a rainbow. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple!

Then she started to draw a rainbow.




No comments:

Post a Comment