Español

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I hope that everyone who reads this blog has a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I am thankful to be a part of the Reggio Emilia program at School #33 and I'm thankful for these wonderful, talented students.  This has been the most amazing year so far!

120- We started using papier mache on our masks.  The masks are coming out so well and the amazing thing is that every single one is drastically different from the next.  Some students chose to continue to add things to their armatures, which made their masks even more unique and interesting.  Other students felt ready to add papier mache. They are responding with the interest and enthusiasm I expected, after seeing how disguises and costumes are so exciting to them, so I'm so glad we decided to go with this project.


"It's so gross!" 

Bunny mask gets some papier mache.

Horse mask

I love the side ponytail on this mask. 

116- I brought a group down to work on the foyer mobile. I had my first Reggio-style parent connection last night!  I showed the mobile pieces to a parent at Parent-Teacher conferences and he said, "You need fishing line? Don't buy it!  I have a lot of it at home and I will gladly send it in with my daughter!"  Hooray for connections! I wonder if parents would like to come in for the installation of these pieces... I think it would be awesome for students, teachers and parents to collaborate on this semi-permanent artwork for our school.  

108 missed their studio time because we had an Honors Assembly, which is okay, because it's awesome to see children rewarded for their abilities, improvements and efforts.

112 only had a small group today, so I let them make free artwork, throwing them the suggestion that they give the artwork to someone they are thankful for.  They had so many people to choose from!  They really appreciate the adults in their lives.  

103- The preschool class was really interested in the video I made for the Honors Assembly, so I decided to let them make a video to showcase their Taino and Vejegante masks. They chose the theme for the movie trailer and they helped me pick the clips we used in the video.


104- The students and Mrs. Christie were making homemade butter and cornbread, so I was able to assist with that as a last-class-before-break activity.



No comments:

Post a Comment