Español

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

118, monolingual second grade.  The students had a chance to finish up their portraits. I have a small group who needs to work on a few final touches, but we're pretty much finished with these. We'll cut them out and then use them in murals and on the walls for various things this year when the students are expressing themselves.


112- I took a small group to work on the Puerto Rico Mural.  One student drew and painted Castillo San Felipe del Morro, a 16th century citadel that is located in San Juan and is a famous landmark for the island of Puerto Rico.

We use the iPad for researching images and try to work from life or photos whenever possible.






116- I took a small group to the computer lab to research images for the community mural of living things.  We chose trees, insects, animals and flowers that live or grow in Buffalo.  We'll print these images and allow the students time to draw, critique and paint them for our ever-growing mural.

102- I took small groups to continue their self-portraits.  I worked with a small group on painting their portraits and a second small group decorated their portraits with "beautiful stuff." I plan on having them think of adjectives that describe themselves and having them write them on the portraits, along with their names. I think these will tie in nicely with their exploration of self- each one is unique and expresses the student's personality and general appearance.

During this small group time, the students struggled with sharing the materials and they wanted me to intervene. I told them that I thought they were capable of sharing the supplies and if they couldn't, they should brainstorm and figure out a way to do it together. They were able to work it out after that and everyone left feeling pretty good about themselves.

104- I took a small group to work on multicultural portraits.









No comments:

Post a Comment