EspaƱol

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday, November 20, 2013


118: I took a group to the studio to make waves for their Discovery of Puerto Rico performance.
The students will hold the waves during the Puerto Rican national anthem.

116: I brought two small groups to the studio. The first was working on the palm tree and the second group had the task of making a guitar. I enjoy every week in this position, but this week has been even better and I think it's because students are making full use of the studio, getting ideas from the materials. I admit I did put the paper clips out (along with a styrofoam option) knowing they would probably use those for the guitar tuning pegs, because they are pretty perfect for it. I showed them how they can form the sculpture out of paper by making a ball and then they went with it.
Ta da!  A guitar! 

I helped tie the knots, but they did the rest. 
They really wanted to make sure this stuck, hence the tons of tape. 

120: We finished New York City!!!  "This is the best day of my life!" exclaimed one student, as she sprinkled glitter over the water.

The Big Apple

We did end up using glitter in the water.  And pretty much everywhere. 

102: I brought a group into the studio to continue their exploration of materials through self-portrait.  I gave them the "beautiful stuff" and asked them to really think about how they were using the materials.  I wanted them to think about composition and shape, and understand that artists make choices when they are working.  We named the many shapes we saw and the students had to create a design before they could use glue.  I think they turned out nicely.  We're going to share out next class.  I want them to use adjectives to describe the work and then we'll write the adjective on the portrait.

104: We finished our many faces of Puerto Rico portraits, then made an Animoto video showcasing them.  The students thought making this video was the best thing ever!  They were giggling like crazy as we photographed and filmed, and they were so proud when it was finished.  You can see the video in my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment