Español

Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday, November 22, 2013

The morning was spent watching the performances in the auditorium for the Discovery of Puerto Rico Celebration.  Not only was the show entertaining, but it was a lesson on history and culture.  Any educator knows that children learn lessons well when taught by other children, so it was a perfect way to celebrate and learn about a culture that many of our students and faculty/staff come from.  The faculty and staff will continue the celebration with a Puerto Rican lunch and desserts. It has been a wonderful experience, watching the entire school come together for a common goal today, and it's been amazing celebrating our Puerto Rican students' culture.  I've learned so much and I'm adding "Visit Puerto Rico" to my bucket list.

In other news, I've received media release forms for many of the students, so I can finally add faces and names to the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment