Español

Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday, January 10, 2014

120- I proctored an exam
116- I brought a different small group in to work on the church.  The original group was getting tired of drawing and coloring the bricks and I was afraid that we would start to lose the detail and care that they initially put into the piece.  This opened up a conversation about collaboration and the second group was much more enthusiastic to work on this project.


108- I proctored another exam.

118- I brought the "school" group in to finish sculpting our School #33 model. I love it.  I can't wait to see it fired and painted. As a recap, we used Google Earth, which allowed us to see the school in 3D.  This was the first group I'd thought to do this with.  The way the buildings looked like cubes and rectangular prisms made it really easy for the students to translate it from the iPad app to clay.







102- The students talked about what their houses look like and drew pictures of their house and families.

101- The class brainstormed more about Spring.  We looked at texts (artworks) from different cultures and ages, 2D and 3D and compared the two. We looked at two images from China- one from the Song Dynasty and one that is contemporary.  We also looked at Botticelli and a Monet.  I wasn't sure how the preschoolers would react to art criticism and brainstorming for the period, but they were really into it!  They've compiled about 15 spring-related nouns to draw on their mural. 

No comments:

Post a Comment