EspaƱol

Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday, October 28, 2013

120, bilingual first grade. I took a small group to the studio to work on portraits. I'm really pleased with the way these portraits are coming along.
Pretty amazing for a first grader, don't you think? 

108, monolingual first grade. I brought a group into the studio to continue our work on building the community. The first group made two houses and a pet store.  This group made a video game shop, a Walmart, a doctor's office and a gym.
Our Gym

This is going to be a video game store.

The beginnings of our Walmart.

118, monolingual second grade. I brought the same small group I had last week into the studio to continue working on building a model of our school playground out of clay.  They went from wanting to work alone, to wanting to work as partners to deciding to work as a whole group.  We will have one playground model, with each student contributing a part.  I love that they decided to collaborate.  The atmosphere changed this time around, too.  I heard a lot of encouraging praise and the critiques were constructive and positive.  I am really happy with the progress they're making.
Our monkey bars are complete. The slides are created, but not attached.  We're making lots of progress.

102, monolingual kindergarten. I brought half of the class to the studio to paint realistic portraits of themselves, as their unit in the classroom is All About Me.  We chose colors that match our skin tone, mixing the multicultural paint colors when necessary. The students painted their faces with the skin color, then I demonstrated how to make realistic eyes using white, the iris color and black.  We also discussed hair color and tried to match up our actual hair color and hairstyles.  I thought the results were pretty awesome.



101, preschool. I had them complete their primary-turned-secondary color mixing lesson today. Instead of stenciling or stamping, the students etched their first initial into the paint, which is something they were working on in class, so I figured we could reinforce it through the exploration of materials in art.



No comments:

Post a Comment