EspaƱol

Monday, June 9, 2014

Wednesday, June 4- Monday, June 9, 2014

My wifi is having technical difficulties, but I've hooked up my computer the old-fashioned way (with an ethernet cable) while I wait for it to be repaired. As a result, I can update the blog again! 

The second grades are making progress on our book.  We have a title page and more students are finishing their pages each day.






The fairy house festival was great! Fitting nine fairy houses in a C-RV was like playing Tetris.

Fairy houses en route to my house. Tetris. I had to take our
eight passenger SUV to the festival to fit the houses and my kids!


Bilingual Center School #33 houses lined this entire garden.
(The fairies are my daughters, who were more than happy
to show off the houses to anyone walking by.) 
I saw many people taking photos of our Fairy Houses and heard a lot of comments regarding how great they were for children so young.  I was able to meet a teacher from the Montessori School in Buffalo and she was thrilled to learn that we were using a Reggio-inspired Approach here. 

I brought the houses back to school after the festival.  Some sustained structural damage, but nothing we can't fix. We'll be using them as inspiration for drawing and storytelling. I will have more pictures from my SLR camera tomorrow, now that I have the wifi problem solved. 





1 comment:

  1. I had the pleasure of seeing the fairy houses at the festival. They were even more beautiful once you saw them set against the natural back drop of a garden. Tracy, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete