Español

Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday, April 25, 2014



120- We had a busy day.  Mrs. Christie suggested I create a display based on the work the students completed with the Burchfield-Penney docents this week.  We brainstormed and came up with the idea of using Charles Burchfield's initials as the center of the display and adding the student work around it. 

I had a group of students from 120 go with me to each classroom and curate the best examples of nature collages from each group. We ended up with three to five pieces per classroom. We sorted the collages, as some didn't have brown backgrounds, some were on different plates, and some were on paper.  The students helped me arrange the plates and we hot glued them to the tile.

This display is so much fun!

 After our discussion about the display, I decided that I needed to turn this into a timeline, like the other two timelines we've created this year. I added the work students did at the Burchfield-Penney next.



This is the wall as it stands now: 

Next week, I will add photographs from our field trips and labels. 

After 120, the Burchfield docents came to work with the second graders. 










112- We are working on maps of the school community. 

103- I had the students paint our interesting pinecones different colors.  When they come in next time, I will set up a provocation asking them what they could make out of the colored pinecones.  I'm hoping for some faces or rainbows, perhaps they will use them as blocks, or characters.  The symmetry of the pinecones intrigues me, so I hope it will interest them, as well.  We've arranged them in clear, plastic cups by color, so I think they will appeal to their senses, which is our current theme.





104- The students have been working on the theme of birthdays and it was one student's birthday today, so I pushed in while they had a party.  Not a bad way to end a week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment